New i2M musicport

See what i2M musicport™ reviews have been written by magazines, blogs and end-users.

Moderator: sonuus

New i2M musicport

Postby james » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:12 pm

We will soon be announcing details of our new product: the i2M musicport.

Here is a quick teaser of what it can do for your music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknfLNLYlZQ
james
Site Admin

Re: New i2M musicport

Postby Soham » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi!

Have the new i2M musicport the Tuner of the G2M? (for guitar), and signal led? Or is general converter audio-midi
Soham

Postby james » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

The i2M musicport doesn't have a built-in tuner like the G2M and B2M. It converts the signal to MIDI (like the G2M and B2M) but also includes a USB audio interface, so you can use any software tuners on your PC/Mac. For best tuning results, we recommend Peterson's StroboSoft (www.strobosoft.com) which is the best software tuner available.

It does have an LED display to indicate current operating mode (there are 4 presets available) and to tell you when the input signal is clipping.
james
Site Admin

Postby BertAnt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:34 am

i'm thinking of getting one since i currently looking for ASIO USB guitar interface :D

great work guys !!
BertAnt

Postby BertAnt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 am

almost forgot... is the pitch detection the same as in G2M / B2M or is it better / improved in i2M ? ;)
BertAnt

Postby james » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am

The pitch detection technology in the i2M musicport is basically the same as that used in the G2M/B2M, but there are performance improvements. Since the G2M, we've done lots of R&D to further improve the speed/accuracy of the pitch detection. Also, since the i2M musicport is USB-powered, we can use more processing power without worries about draining batteries.

Initial feedback from beta testers confirm that general feel/performance of the i2M is improved over the G2M/B2M.

I also did some comparisons with a Roland GR-20, and the tracking of the i2M musicport was not only faster but felt more musical. The GR-20 really couldn't capture the nuances of the pitch bend very well.
james
Site Admin

Postby BertAnt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 pm

wow, that's great then !

james wrote:I also did some comparisons with a Roland GR-20, and the tracking of the i2M musicport was not only faster but felt more musical. The GR-20 really couldn't capture the nuances of the pitch bend very well.

that's amazing....considering GR-20 detects pitch that came from hex pickup, which i think in theory should have a clear advantage ;) also it's great knowing that the bend detection is even more responsive now :)
BertAnt

Postby saunastubes » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 am

A Support is music port like to i2M refer. There are many music instrument and other equipment but i2M is best than other Port. The quality wise and durable wise is best.
saunastubes

Return to i2M musicport™