i2m Musicport MacOS Software 64-bit?

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

i2m Musicport MacOS Software 64-bit?

Postby rhodesyman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi there,

I'm a Mac user and the i2m Musicport is an integral part of my live setup. I've just read that Apple won't be supporting 32-bit apps with their next OS, and I see that the Musicport app is only 32-bit.

Do you have any plans to update this software to 64-bit so that we can still configure the i2m with future Mac OS's?

If not, is there another way to configure the i2m settings without using the app? Command line/xml files or whatever... as long as it's possible that'd be a big help!

Thanks.
rhodesyman

Re: i2m Musicport MacOS Software 64-bit?

Postby treelemon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:59 pm

I am also very curious to hear more about this. I just found out about this issue it the hard way.

Glad I haven't updated my laptop yet!
treelemon

Postby kipface » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi,

Upgraded to Catalina without checking this, and am now unable to use my i2m at all.

Would love an update on this from Sonuus, already looking at alternative options but the audio-to-MIDI function is pretty rare to find.

Note that the Windows version support 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems, so presumably it shouldn't be too hard to sort out.
kipface

Postby rhodesyman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm

I haven't updated to Catalina yet as I've quite a few apps that are 32-bit still, and I'm waiting for some updates first. But if the i2m software is not going to get an update due to it being discontinued (shame!), I'm wondering if it'll still work via a virtual install of an older Mac OS? So maybe you could use something like Parallels and install a small Mojave virtual machine on it, then maybe that will still work for the i2m software?
rhodesyman

Postby janramos » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:33 am

kipface wrote:Hi,

Upgraded to Catalina without checking this, and am now unable to use my i2m at all.
google street view
Would love an update on this from Sonuus, already looking at alternative options but the audio-to-MIDI function is pretty rare to find.

Note that the Windows version support 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems, so presumably it shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Thanks for the quick response, and information.
janramos

Return to i2M musicport™ Support