What does voice/wind mode do?

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderator: sonuus

What does voice/wind mode do?

Postby SHORVATH » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm using the G2M v3 with a C-melody saxophone and I'm not sure which mode to select for best performance. I've tried both G (guitar) and V (voice/wind) mode and can't really tell which works best. Can you explain what the difference is? Thank You.
SHORVATH

Re: What does voice/wind mode do?

Postby james » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:11 pm

The difference between voice/wind and guitar is very subtle.

For a signal that us truly monophonic (only one note) the pitch-detection algorithm is tuned slightly differently. Voice/wind or anything that can't produce two notes at the same time can often get better results in this mode.

If there is a change of more than one note (i.e., stringed instruments), the other modes take account of this and try to make a better decision about the note played even if there are other notes sounding at the same time.

The differences are mainly to do with notes being mis-detected, or being detected in the wrong octave. It really is fine-tuning of an algorithm that works almost perfectly most of the time in any case.
james
Site Admin

Postby SHORVATH » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.
For other folks using this with a saxophone, here's a tip:
I put a passive R/C (resistor/capacitor) bandpass filter (approx. 130 to 700 Hz) on the GSM input to help reduce extraneous noise from key clicks and larger key pad thumps.
SHORVATH

Postby james » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am

The R/C filter is a good idea. Thanks for sharing that!
james
Site Admin

Postby vidya31 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 am

I got to know the difference about the voice/wind .Thanks a lot..!!!
vidya31

Postby Windblower » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:39 pm

I use a PiezoBarrel pick up on a pre drilled mouth piece on tenor and alto and on clarinet they sell a predrilled barrel. It does not seem to pick up the key noise or any other sound except the instrument. As a test, If I bang the instrument with, say a screw driver, it will pick that up. Note and pitch bend tracking is excellent but vol always comes out at max no matter how I adjust the gain on the pickup unless I go to 0 and then nothing tracks. Also tonguing the same note in succession doesn't work as I think the G2Mv3 is compensating as it thinks the you are playing a chord. Same thing happens when using a mic but using a guitar everything tracks nicely. I tend to use the chromatic setting as it doesn't send pitch bend but the tonguing issues is still there. Looking for work arounds.
Windblower

Postby Kultiwari » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Depending on the ambient condition and the type/volume of audio playback, the ambient sound may not be heard even when using the Ambient Sound Mode. Do not use the headset in places where it would be dangerous if you are unable to hear ambient sounds such as on a road with car and bicycle traffic.
If the headset is not worn properly, the Ambient Sound Mode may not work correctly. Wear the headset properly.
You can also change the settings of the noise canceling function and the Ambient Sound Mode with the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app.
Ambient Sound Mode settings changed with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app are stored in the headset. You can enjoy music with the stored settings of the Ambient Sound Mode even when the headset is connected to other devices which do not have the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app installed
Many institutes are using a Software Testing Training And Placement In Pune but a number of them are extremely good at teaching
Kultiwari

Return to G2M™ Support